27 Feb Which Carpet is Best (Honest Buyer’s Guide)
There are so many carpet flooring options to choose from. Which one will be the right carpet for your home? Whilst there is no ‘best carpet flooring’, not all carpet floors are made equal. We at FloorVenue value the importance of transparency, which is why we urge you to read our Honest Buyers Guides. It’s written by our own team of experienced professionals and it contains unfiltered pros and cons of our top-selling brands.
Carpet Floors – What are They?
Carpet is a type of flooring made from woven fibres. It comes in a variety of styles and colours, and has many wonderful benefits. For starters, carpet is affordable and easy to maintain. It’s also cozy, comfortable, can absorb sound and provide a non-slip surface. One of the most popular benefits of the carpet is that it is treated with stain and soil-resistant treatments which make it easy to clean and keep looking new for a long while.
Top 4 Carpet Brands in Sydney
Himalaya Carpets Australia has a tradition of trade that encompasses the Silk Road. Quality is of utmost importance to their European, American, and Australian customers, so they provide high-quality carpets in a variety of materials, including pure wool and innovative synthetic fibers. This broad range will be sure to meet your needs to create an aesthetically appealing home.
- Himalaya Carpets Australia aims to provide excellent customer service and support within the Australian flooring industry, and their customers.
- The material in a cut pile carpet is created when a blade cuts through loops of carpeting. In contrast to looped piles, cut piles are made from disconnected, upright strands of fibres. This offers customers the opportunity to create their own personalised interior design by selecting from a variety of different textured designs.
- Cut pile may be a good choice for those prioritizing ergonomic textures on surfaces in their home. Soft and comfortable, the bristles of cut pile will provide a luxurious aesthetic, with an excellent and soft underfoot feel.
- Cut pile style carpeting is the perfect choice for families with pets and children. Cut pile carpet can withstand heavy foot traffic without showing wear. It is perfect for high-traffic areas of the home like hallways and living rooms.
- Cleaning and maintaining your carpet regularly is a must, as Himalaya cut pile carpets are susceptible to dirt entering between the fibres. The key is purchasing a carpet that has been tightly twisted. This will keep all of the fibres together, blocking out dirt and dust that might otherwise enter. With any kind of carpet, always remember to regularly clean and maintain your floor from all sorts of dirt and grime.
- Similar styles of carpet such as loop pile carpet are generally cheaper than a cut pile carpet because there are fewer manufacturing processes involved in making it. There’s no need to cut the loops or make the loops on different levels.
EC Carpet is an Australian carpet company that has been around for 50 years. The company changed its name to EC Carpets in 2017, however, the name Edwardstown Carpets was originally taken from the suburb in which it was founded. EC Carpets aims to transform people’s experience of space by supplying high-quality carpets made in Australia. They accomplish this goal by designing with innovation, creativity, and colourfulness.
- EC Carpets are renowned for their excellent resistance to scratches and stains. It will be perfect for active families with pets or children, or areas of the home with high foot traffic such as hallways.
- Level Loop carpets typically have loops of a similar length, which creates a consistent & level look. This allows the EC carpets to be designed to create a patterned & textured appearance.
- EC Carpets have a Natural Berber style appearance which provide an excellent aesthetic appeal. It is soothing and modern, which will be an excellent touch to your home’s interior decor.
- When it comes to polypropylene flooring, the material can be toxic. Some cheap and low-quality rugs are chemically treated and left without a protective cover. This substance can make you dizzy, bring on allergies, and cause headaches, but also too much exposure can lead to more serious health problems in the future. To avoid these issues, make sure to keep the room with the carpets well ventilated.
- Furthermore, the unique dying process of polypropylene carpets results in a limited range of colours to choose from. However, there are still great options that will complement your interior decor perfectly.
- Durable, soil-resistant, and static-free, Tuftmaster nylon carpets are an excellent option for high-traffic areas. It comes with the following qualities: good resiliency, easy to clean efficacy, stain resistance with stain treatment applied, soil hiding ability, and abrasion resistance. If you are in need of Nylon carpets for your residential or commercial space, Tuftmaster is the company for you.
- Tuftmaster Nylon carpet is very durable. It has long been considered the most durable synthetic fabric available, and for good reasons. Nylon’s resiliency- its ability to bounce back from compaction- makes it stand out. Vacuums and foot traffic won’t cause any damage to the carpet because of this quality.
- Nylon carpet is stain-resistant, which makes spills and other accidents easy to clean up. Nylon also ranks high in its ability to resist all stains. This means that if you have a child with muddy shoes, or a guest who spills wine, you can relax knowing there’s minimal chance of it being permanent.
- Tuftmaster Nylon’s resilience comes from the hydrogen molecule that makes up part of its structure. This molecule can be revived with a steam cleaner. The hot water from the steam cleaner actually revives the hydrogen molecule, so when the fibers flatten due to foot traffic, it becomes easy to clean them up.
- Compared to other synthetic carpets, Tuftmaster nylon has a higher price point. Though not as affordable as many other synthetic carpets, nylon does have a relatively reasonable price range when you’re looking at it from an industry-wide scope.
- If you’re sensitive to static electricity, it’s important to know that nylon carpets can produce static electricity under dry conditions. In comparison to other materials, nylon carpeting produces static electricity more often.
Classic Flooring Carpet
Classic Flooring provides a wide range of commercial floor covering solutions. With years of experience, Classic Flooring can offer you not only durable and affordable products, but also the design, manufacturing and sale of high-quality carpets for high traffic environments. Whether your need is for office, schools, universities, hotels, or any other space, they have the perfect product for you! Their extensive range of modular carpet tiles and wall-to-wall floors are sure to satisfy your needs.
- Polypropylene rugs are stain-resistant, making them great for families with kids around who spill food and drinks all over the place.
- Want to save money and look good? Classic Flooring Polypropylene rug fibers are the way to go. They’re less expensive than their nylon counterparts, and they also have a more aesthetically pleasing texture.
- This rug is colorfast, which means that it will resist fading. With a polypropylene carpet, the colors will stay strong and vibrant, giving excellent longevity to your rug.
- You should avoid putting polypropylene rugs, mats, or carpets in areas with heavy traffic. Due to the fact that it does not bounce back to its original shape easily when crushed, it is advised to keep these materials away from the high-traffic areas of your home.
- Although polypropylene carpets are stain-resistant material, they can be difficult to clean. Oil-based stains will become a permanent part of the rug, and shampooing won’t help. This rug is also water-resistant so it doesn’t have the ability to suck up liquid, making it even more difficult to clean.